Upgrades voor de beginner.

Ok here what you need in lowest price ever with best performance.
Ama Tsu Maru (ATM) Cylinder head €4,90
VFC piston head €8,39
Ama Tsu Maru (ATM) Piston €4,90 (AOE ready).
Ama Tsu Maru (ATM) hop-up chamber €4,90
Super shooter SHS ultra Hi-speed 13:1 €26,90
Ama Tsu Maru (ATM) Metal air nozzle with O-ring €1,90
Maple leafe bucking 60° AEG €8,90
Maple leafe Nub €6,90
Guarder shimming set €3,90
AAC Action Army barrel 6.03mm x 510mm €29,90
Your total amount is €101,49
This is the best option to make your M16 superior in the field with no less the 50 meter range and accuracy and great performance.

• Leuk
Waarderingen: Jan en michiel80
I think that @b.samriey is not necessarily taking the battery in consideration for the accuracy but rather if he maybe wants to include a mosfet? Or he is considering it for the piston and gear set. Not sure either what would be an other reason to ask it.
You explain everything i don't need to say anything anymore ;)

Is the hop up chamber you advise better than stock? It seems to be plastic whereas my stoch one is made of metal..?

Also the piston you advise seems to be for a v3 gearbox?

Ik zou een beginner toch zeker geen 13:1 gears aan raden. Als dat vast loopt/ mis gaat kan je de hele gearbox weggooien.

Just my 2 cents..

• Leuk
Waarderingen: michiel80
Is the hop up chamber you advise better than stock? It seems to be plastic whereas my stoch one is made of metal..?

Also the piston you advise seems to be for a v3 gearbox?
Yes the hop up chamber is reliable and you can read people comments below the product (just because it's plastic that doesn't mean bad) Tokyo Marui, KWA, VFC and many other brands using plastic hop up chamber and they work great.
In my experience V3 piston can fit also V2 gearbox but to be in safe side order this one SHS piston condition cancel the VFC piston head.
If you have any questions or need help do not hesitate to ask.

• Leuk
Ik zou een beginner toch zeker geen 13:1 gears aan raden. Als dat vast loopt/ mis gaat kan je de hele gearbox weggooien.

Just my 2 cents..
KWA,KRYTAC,VFC has 13:1 as stock gear set nothing to worry about since he use none lipo battery so i will increase his rate of fire without using lipo or risk his gearbox.

I'm not going to tinker with the gearbox just yet, so I won't need the gears nor the shims just yet... ROF is not an issue for me as I prefer semi auto. At the moment I'm content with my trigger response as well.

Would there be any benefits in choosing let's say a maple leaf cylinder, cylinder head and piston set?

• Leuk
Waarderingen: b.samriey
I'm not going to tinker with the gearbox just yet, so I won't need the gears nor the shims just yet... ROF is not an issue for me as I prefer semi auto. At the moment I'm content with my trigger response as well.

Would there be any benefits in choosing let's say a maple leaf cylinder, cylinder head and piston set?
You will probably notice a very small difference with cylinder set but every setup is different for different things. Like overvoluming etc.
And you will have to open the gearbox and you said you didnt want that so.

• Leuk
KWA,KRYTAC,VFC has 13:1 as stock gear set nothing to worry about since he use none lipo battery so i will increase his rate of fire without using lipo or risk his gearbox.

Deze merken zijn kwalitatief (veel) beter dan een instap model Cyma.

Voor range; Nee. Voor grouping en consistentie; Ja.
En shimmen kan nooit kwaad, ook niet wanneer je nihm gebruikt. Het zorg voor een minder luide replica en je gear0s slijten minder snel. zelfde geldt voor Aoe

• Leuk
You will probably notice a very small difference with cylinder set but every setup is different for different things. Like overvoluming etc.
And you will have to open the gearbox and you said you didnt want that so.
Avsolutely right.. Might have to rethink my upgrade plan.. :)

I would not get a 5 euro hop up unit, that is not really an upgrade in anyway especially if the stock one works fine, if you want to change out your hop up unit I would rather take a lonex hop up which is more solid and well tested by many users. Has very small tolerances which makes you able to dial in the hop up perfectly with no side to side wobble. If you think the current one is fine, then rather do some small and easy DIY mods to get the most of it, for example look at hop up unit shimming, this allows for no side to side wobble if there is any currently.

V2 and V3 use the exact same piston and piston head, only things that are different are the trigger contacts, trigger, cut off lever, selector plate, motor, cylinderhead (replica related), spring guide, nozzle (replica related), oh and off course the shell ;). Actually that is quite a lot now I think of it XD.

I would also not recommend 13:1 gear sets to people that have only one gun and never tinkered with it. Also it is not correct that KWA, KRYTAC and VFC use 13:1 gears, literally every manufacturer uses standard 18:1 gear ratio, I would love to see where it says any of these 3 manufacturers uses other ratio's regularly? 13:1 would mean you could run into PME, although on a 7.4 it is unlikely on a 11.1 it is nearly guaranteed, which means you need to short stroke, also on 13:1 you have to shim and correct AOE to not break the gun after a few skirms. AKA not really a recommendation for a beginner.

In my honest opinion no, only benefit of a one piece maple leaf cylinder is that you don't have to worry about the air seal between the cylinder and cylinderhead. But most 2 O-ring cylinderheads and a decent cylinder can get a perfect air seal, I mean you don't have to upgrade even there are many DIY mods which also allow people to get perfect air seal with stock parts.

Also although this breaks my heart to say but skirmshop.nl is really overpriced for a lot of the stuff they sell. I still buy stuff there if I don't wanna wait and because they have really good customer support, they will awnser all mails regarding AEG upgrading within a day and explain everything to the utter detail (although not necessary for me still very good and kind of them). Lastly it is good to sometimes boost the dutch economy XD.
But when buying a maple leaf bucking, nub and a lonex hop up unit, you can't get that cheaper when buying seperately at different places.

But to go back to your initial guestion, which was to upgrade the range of your replica, so the only things I would consider then is a maple leaf bucking and nub, a lonex hop up if you think the current one is not functioning optimally and a barrel, because the stock CYMA barrels are just horrible but that is more for better grouping then the range, maple leaf or madbull stainless steel ones are a good mid level option.

Wellicht een hele stomme vraag, maar ik ben zoals gezegd een beginner..
In hoeverre heeft het überhaupt nut om 100-150 euro uit te geven aan een replica die ik 2e hands heb gekocht? Als ik al deze upgrades zou doen, zou de budget cyma dan beter dan of tenminste gelijkwaardig presteren aan een replica van zo'n 300 euro?

Trigger response can be improve by mosfet (and better to ask @Rebelattack about it he has good experience in this field) or by 11.1v lipo battery but since your gearbox still in stock condition therefore you can't use lipo battery.
However replace the list above with this new one if you prefer semi auto:
MODIFY Ultra hi-speed piston
MODFY cylinder head
VFC piston head
If the stock cylinder O type then i suggest you to keep it, if not get this one FPS SOFTAIR but be aware some kind of cylinders will not fit any V2 gearbox even when it's V2 gearbox cylinders (so buying cylinder online it's on your own risk).
If you still have some money then try to get this barrel Poseidon instead of Action Army, the Poseidon one of the best barrel i ever have it's shoot like laser beam and it's come with great bucking and nub so no need to Maple leaf anymore, i have two of them one on my KWA M4 and the other one on my VFC M16.

• Leuk
In hoeverre heeft het überhaupt nut om 100-150 euro uit te geven aan een replica die ik 2e hands heb gekocht? Als ik al deze upgrades zou doen, zou de budget cyma dan beter dan of tenminste gelijkwaardig presteren aan een replica van zo'n 300 euro?

Persoonlijk zou ik dat niet doen. Gewoon die maple leaf bucking en Nub halen en dan lekker verder kijken ;)

Uhm eigenlijk schiet geen enkele replica out of the box op het maximum dat ze kunnen, enkele uitzondering daarbij nagelaten. Door te upgraden kun je ze zo krijgen dat je je maximale range eruit gaat halen, hoe duurder de replica hoe minder je over het algemeen eigenlijk hoeft te vervangen, daarom komt samriey ook met zo'n was lijst. Je kunt het qua upgraden zo gek maken als je wil maar je kan ook voor een stuk minder klaar zijn door online je veel in te lezen in alle Do It Yourself mods toe te passen die vaak een heel stuk goedkoper zijn dan gewoon maar een upgrade part te kopen.

Bijvoorbeeld: Mijn eerste replica was een G&G GC16 welke stock prima en lekker schoot, echter is er in die replica nu niks meer stock, zelf heb ik dit gedaan om de werking van alle interne onderdelen zo goed mogelijk te begrijpen en hierdoor hoop ik straks met mijn korte M4 met maar een barrel lengte van 229mm straks wel ranges van 55-60 meter te halen. Om deze afstanden consistent te behalen moet er dus wel wat meer gebeuren dan alleen een bucking en nub upgrade :).

TL;DR het heeft dus werkelijk wel een voordeel om je replica volledig te upgraden met onderdelen of DIY mods, maar de meeste extra range haal je door een goede flat hop te pakken (bucking en nub upgrade).

• Leuk
Ik zal voor nu denk ik dan starten met die dingen. Wellicht een andere loop, daar ik nu al van meerdere kanten heb gehoord dat de stock cyma loop niet echt iets is om over naar huis te schrijven (heel ouderwetse term eigenlijk, laten we het 'het niet iets om over te facebook posten' noemen)

Laatst bewerkt: