Questions about airsoft in NL

era

21 okt 2022
Trophies
Hallo daar!

I just got an opportunity to move from Brazil to the Netherlands and have a few questions about airsoft there. I'm familiar with the laws and whatnot already, NABV and such; my questions are more related to how games work on a day-to-day basis.

Here in Brazil I play pretty much every week, and where I live there are multiple fields that are easy to access. I've checked the NABV map and scheduling, but am still wondering:

- are all (or most) fields outside of town?

- if so, how do people get there? Would I need a car/lift as a rule, or are there fields I could reach with public transportation?

Asking because the norm seems to be traveling 1-2 hours for a gameday. Is that the case/normal? Are there indoor/cqb fields inside towns?

Oh, and lastly:

- if you only had easy-to-play airsoft as a criteria, would you prefer living in Rotterdam or Utrecht? In which city is the game more popular/easy to play, would you say?

If anyone could shed some light on these, I'd be eternally grateful :))

Oh and I hope writing in English here is okay! Haven't gotten very far in learning Dutch yet.

• Leuk
Waarderingen: QuickFix
Welcome to The Netherlands!

- Most outdoor fields are outside of town so getting to those with public transport can be tricky. CQB fields are mostly in town but most often in the industrial areas.
- 1 to 2 hours travel can be indeed normal although this mostly depends on what field you go to and of course where you live.

- Utrecht and Rotterdam are both good. Check https://www.nabv.nl/locaties/ to see what locations are in the area.

• Leuk
Waarderingen: era
Thanks!

Looking at it again, Rotterdam seems to have nearer fields. Do people in Utrecht go to Aalsmeer or Almere to play, for example?

I think the concept of far and near is pretty different in the Netherlands haha, so I don't have much of a notion of what's realistic for weekly games.

Thanks!

Looking at it again, Rotterdam seems to have nearer fields. Do people in Utrecht go to Aalsmeer or Almere to play, for example?

I think the concept of far and near is pretty different in the Netherlands haha, so I don't have much of a notion of what's realistic for weekly games.

I live near Utrecht and mostly drive 45-60 minutes for a field. Sometimes even further into Belgium. It depends on where you want to go. But here in the Netherlands there is a decent spread of fields all over the country so you maybe have to travel longer.

It also depends on what you are looking for in mission playstyle and how locations behave.

From where I live we have 3,5 (1 is more a kids playground) location within 30 min driving.
All sounds nice, 3 field close to home.
But I dont really like any of those fields for different reasons.
So when I go play airsoft i still need to travel.